So it is very evident that Spring is in the air here in South Carolina. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing and the weather has definitely become warmer.
Spring “Touches” In The Family Room
We decided to add some “touches” of green to our family room decor as part of our “springizing” process. The pillow fabric is just perfect to pull in the apple green in some of the other throw pillows and to add a nice accent.
This will be our first Spring season here and we cannot wait to see how the area evolves during this time.
We have so many azalea bushes in our yard and they are all beginning to bloom. It is interesting when you move from one area to another to see what thrives in this gardening zone.
A couple of months ago we planted some hydrangeas in large pots on our front porch with a little ivy placed on each side of these beautiful blooms. Well, they are still in full bloom and are GORGEOUS! I have always loved hydrangea and could never grow them in Florida.
A Simple Bowl Of Apples Can Help To Tie Things Together
One of the things we are enjoying every week is a trip to our local Farmer’s Market here in Bluffton. There is a nice variety of vendors, live music and a festive atmosphere. This week we got a bounty of items to use in our weekly recipes.
Fresh Veggies From Our Local Farmer’s Market – The Best!
As we plan our spring plantings we are finding out what will grow well in the various areas of our yard. The front of the house faces east and the back faces west. The south side of the house looks like it will be a perfect place to plant our herb garden. Perhaps we will put in a few tomato plants and some lettuce to see how they do in this area. There is nothing like cutting fresh herbs from your garden to add to your recipes.
Easy Peasy Greek Style Stuffed Chicken
Speaking of recipes – we tried a new Greek Style chicken dish recently and it was divine! It was a simple recipe and we served it with tzatziki sauce, fresh brocollini and pita bread on the side. A good side dish for this in the Spring and Summer would be a fresh greek salad.
Greek Style Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- March 26, 2021
- Print this
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter mixed with 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2
- Cut chicken breasts horizontally to make a pocket keeping the one end in tact
- Step 3
- Sauce the onions until translucent (If using)
- Step 4
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (be sure not to burn)
- Step 5
- Stir in spinach and cook until softened
- Step 6
- Add the feta cheese and mix well until melting
- Step 7
- Divide the spinach and cheese mixture into 4 portions
- Step 8
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the mixture and secure with a toothpick
- Step 9
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate and mix in the oregano, parsley, salt and pepper
- Step 10
- Coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture thoroughly
- Step 11
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and drizzle with butter and olive oil mixture
- Step 12
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until cooked through
- Step 13
- We placed the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes to give a nice crisp crust
- Step 14
- Serve with a Greek salad, tzatziki sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Anyway, we hope that you are enjoying the changing season and more daylight in the evenings.