Fall Is In The Air
Even though we have not decorated our home with fall touches this year does not mean that we are not enjoying fall here in the Lowcountry.
A Visit To A Local Cider Mill Is A Perfect Fall Outing
Growing up in the midwest, every fall we visited the local cider mill for fresh apple cider and fluffy apple cider donuts. This recipe is a spin on the donuts and is made in a bundt pan. The flavors bring back such great memories of a crisp fall day in Michigan or Illinois.
There is a distinct smell of fresh apples, cinnamon, and baking donuts. The perfect fall treat!
The house smells heavenly as this yummy cake is baking. All we need is a nice, strong cuppa coffee to enjoy the cake.
Cappuccino And Cake, Oh My!
When we moved here we decided that we could not install a built-in espresso machine as we had in our last house. So, after a lot of research, we decided on the Gaggia Anima Prestige made in Italy. And, who knows good coffee better than the Italians?
This new gadget makes our mornings special, and we highly recommend this model if you enjoy freshly ground and brewed espresso, Americano, or cappuccino.
Dreaming Of Last Year’s Fall Decor
Since we are just finally getting settled in our new home, we did not go all out on fall decor this year. Before you know it, we will be preparing for Christmas and all of the festivities leading up to 2021. Let’s hope and pray that next year will bring health and peace to everyone.
Check out our fall decor and a couple of delicious recipes from last year. And, you MUST TRY this delicious recipe that we made today for lunch – Jill’s Perfectly Creamy Butternut Squash Soup. Trust me it will warm your soul.
Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- October 26, 2020
- Print this
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I added a bit more)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Topping: 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Step 1
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring apple cider to a boil
- Step 2
- Simmer until reduced to 1 cup (about 20 minutes)
- Step 3
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 4
- Butter or coat the inside of a bundt pan with cooking spray
- Step 5
- Use a mixer to cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until lightened and fluffy
- Step 6
- Mix in eggs, scraping down the sides as needed
- Step 7
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup of reduced and cooled apple cider, milk, and oil
- Step 8
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices
- Step 9
- Alternate adding mixing liquid and flour mixture into the batter
- Step 10
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Step 11
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Step 12
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing
- Step 13
- Let the cake cool for at least an additional 15-20 minutes before topping with cinnamon sugar
- Step 14
- Melt butter and brush over sides and top of the cake
- Step 15
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon and evenly sprinkle over the buttered cake
- Step 16
We are looking forward to a more distinct change of seasons here in our new home. Enjoy fall y’all!