It’s Friendly Friday and time for the ultimate comfort food.
Most of us have a favorite recipe that either brings back memories of our childhood or just brings us comfort. Well, this recipe is definitely yummy and brings comfort.
Our friend Gail mentioned that her Mom Sue makes the best Chicken Paprikash and I just had to get a copy of the recipe to “test and taste”. Needless to say, we LOVED it!
Actually, Sue inspired us to launch Friendly Friday. On one of our Zoom cocktail hour calls, she commented on how she enjoyed the recipes on Luxe du Jour and liked some that were shared from friends.
So, we decided to make Friendly Friday a featured series and post delicious recipes from friends every week. It makes perfect sense to post these on Friday so that you can shop for ingredients, prepare and enjoy something new over the weekend.
Slow Cooker Magic
You make this in a slow cooker and will definitely enjoy the incredible aromas throughout your house as this simmers away. With only a few ingredients this is sure to become one of your family’s favorites.
The All-Clad slow cooker that we have can brown meats right in the insert prior to adding the liquid that most slow cooker recipes require. It is one of our favorite appliances and so easy to use and clean up afterward. We were fortunate to get this on sale and it was a great deal. If you do not have a slow cooker yet, we HIGHLY recommend this model that we purchased at Williams-Sonoma.
Foodie Friends – Share A Favorite Recipe
We are fortunate to have several friends that are foodies and love to cook. If you or a friend would like to share one (or more) of your favorite recipes, just scroll to the bottom of this post and cut and paste your recipe into the Comment area. You might have your favorite recipe featured on Friendly Friday.
Sue's Perfect Chicken Paprikash
- July 3, 2020
- Print this
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika (we added a bit more)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh chopped dill for garnish
- Step 1
- In a slow cooker, stir together onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and paprikas
- Step 2
- Spread mixture evenly over the bottom of the insert
- Step 3
- Rub garlic halves over the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Step 4
- In a medium pan over moderate to high heat, add butter and oil
- Step 5
- Heat until hot but not smoking
- Step 6
- Add chicken and brown for about 6 minutes
- Step 7
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker on top of the onion mixture
- Step 8
- Over high heat, deglaze the pan with chicken stock scraping up all of the flavorful browned bits from the pan
- Step 9
- Pour this over the chicken
- Step 10
- Cover and cook on low for 5 – 6 hours
- Step 11
- Remove chicken from slow cooker
- Step 12
- Stir sour cream into liquid in the slow cooker
- Step 13
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker and heat on low for 10 – 15 minutes
- Step 14
- Garnish with freshly chopped dill
- Step 15
- Serve over buttered wide noodles and ENJOY!