Introducing A Fun New Feature
Friendly Friday is a new feature here at Luxe du Jour. During the “stay at home” directive, we have been testing and trying new recipes and enjoying dining at home. We try to make different recipes and have been revisiting some of our old favorites.
It seems that many of our friends have been doing this too and have shared some incredible recipes for us to try. How lucky are we that our friends like to share their favorites?
If you have a special recipe that you would like to share, we would love to “test and taste”. Just contact us by scrolling to the bottom of this post to “Share Your Thoughts” and copy and paste your recipe in the comments area. You could be featured in the next Friendly Friday blog post.
Since the weekend is upon us, this recipe for Jill’s Bagel Bites seems appropriate. Who doesn’t like a special treat to start off the weekend?
With only a few ingredients you can have a crispy bagel bite with a cream cheese filling. The possibilities are endless! We made them with plain cream cheese and topped half of them with flaky Maldon Sea Salt that we got at Williams Sonoma and a half with Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel. You could add a little smoked salmon to the cream cheese, chives, or any other herbs that you like. Jill makes hers with sesame seeds — yum!
Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE to cook but baking is really not my forte. However, these were so easy to make and only have a few ingredients. How bad could these be? Flour, Greek yogurt, baking powder, and cream cheese. The recipe makes 8 bites that are a bit larger than a golf ball.
Jill's Stuffed Bagel Bites
- June 12, 2020
- Print this
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 5 ounces in weight gluten-free mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, as it will be too sticky)
- 4 ounces (half a package of fat-free cream cheese) I used full fat
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
- Optional toppings: Everything But The Bagel, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion flakes, Maldon Flaked Sea Salt
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2
- Place parchment paper or Silpat on a baking sheet (if using parchment paper, spray with cooking oil to prevent sticking)
- Step 3
- Pour 2 quarts of water into a medium saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Step 4
- Bring to a boil
- Step 5
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, whisk well
- Step 6
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined. It will look like small crumbles
- Step 7
- Lightly dust flour on the work surface and remove dough from the bowl
- Step 8
- Knead a few times until the dough is tacky but not sticky (about 10 – 15 turns)
- Step 9
- Divide dough into 8 equal-sized balls
- Step 10
- Flatten balls into circles and place 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese on to each
- Step 11
- Wrap dough around the cream cheese and make sure completely sealed while rolling into a ball
- Step 12
- When all 8 balls are formed, drop them into the boiling water for 30 seconds each side
- Step 13
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared cooking tray
- Step 14
- Whisk egg and water in small bowl
- Step 15
- Brush bagel bites with egg mixture and sprinkle with topping
- Step 16
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Step 17
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
We look forward to receiving your favorite recipe suggestions. Stay healthy!