It’s Thirsty Thursday and time for a featured “signature” cocktail for the holiday season. Over the years during the development of our special drinks, we sometimes got a bit tipsy. But, let’s face it, it was all for a good cause. Wink, wink!
This year, we came up with a refreshing and tart cocktail garnished with fresh, sugared cranberries and some fresh mint or a sprig of fresh rosemary. Our preferred vodka is Ketel One and we use LaMarca prosecco.
If you like a sweeter cocktail, you can add a little more orange juice. We like tartness with slightly more cranberry juice. Also, we use Pure Unsweetened Cranberry juice. If you use the sweetened cranberry juice, this will definitely make a sweeter drink. And, the sugar from the cranberries also adds sweetness.
We like to decorate a tray or beautiful dish with rosemary and the cranberries and set up the glasses on the tray to set the tone. It looks so pretty! You can even make a wreath out of rosemary and place it on your drink station arranging it around your glassware.
Christmas Cranberry Fizzzzzzz
- December 12, 2019
- One drink
- Print this
- 1/2 cup frozen fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces cranberry juice (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1-ounce orange juice (2 ounces if you want a sweeter drink)
- 2 ounces vodka (we like Ketel One)
- 2 ounces prosecco
- Step 1
- Toss the cranberries in sugar to coat and set aside
- Step 2
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Step 3
- Add cranberry juice, orange juice and vodka to a shaker
- Step 4
- Shake vigorously
- Step 5
- Strain into a festive glass (champagne flute, wine or martini glass)
- Step 6
- Top off with prosecco
- Step 7
- Add the sugared cranberries and mint leaves
- Step 8