It’s Thirsty Thursday and today we are enjoying one of our favorite refreshing Drinks du Jour.
It’s not always about the cocktail. Although we do like a cocktail.
This non-alcoholic beverage reminds me of the many years that we have enjoyed girlfriend birthday celebrations at a local spa. The spa always has fresh flavored water and a selection of teas to enjoy when visiting. It just made sense to make some spa water at home.
Perfect Weather For A Poolside Retreat
Drink More Water For A Healthier Lifestyle
Here are some reasons to drink more water for a healthier lifestyle:
- Water delivers oxygen to your entire body
- Drinking water is essential for kidneys and other bodily functions
- Instead of drinking soda, drink water to help with weight management
- Drinking water helps to lubricate your joints
- Boosts skin health
- Regulates body temperature
- Flushes body waste
- Helps to maintain blood pressure
- Boosts performance during exercise
- Your digestive system depends on water to prevent dehydration which can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and acidic stomach
Not only is this delish, but it also encourages us to hydrate and drink more water. The addition of the fruit just makes it more interesting. And, the sprig of fresh mint takes this drink up a notch.
Basically, we just fill a pitcher in the morning with either filtered or sparkling water, add the fruit of your choice, and some ice and you are good to go – ahhhhhh!
Favorite Spa Water Combos
Here are some of our favorite combinations, but you can use whatever you have on hand:
Sliced Cucumber and Mint
Slices of Orange, Lemon, and Lime
Strawberries and Lime
Raspberries Lemon Slices and Mint
Why not transform regular water into a special treat? Get out a nice glass and fill it with some refreshing spa water. Now, you can feel free to get out for a walk, bike, or run knowing that you will be safe and hydrated. Or, you can spend some quality time in your yard. We plan to sit poolside with a good book today. Take time to enjoy simple pleasures. You deserve it!