- June 29, 2018
- 1 Servings
- Print this
- 1 cup creamed spinach, piping hot
- 2 artichoke bottoms, warmed in salted water
- 2 eggs, poached
- ¾ cup Hollandaise Sauce (see below)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ pound butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Step 1
- Make a base of spinach on a serving plate, place artichoke cups on top. Put an egg in each and top with Hollandaise sauce. One serving.
- Step 2
- In the top half of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and stir in lemon juice. Cook very slowly in double boiler over low heat, never allowing water in bottom pan to come to a boil. Add butter a little at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add salt and pepper. Continue cooking slowly until thickened. Yields 1 cup.