It’s time for Sizzling Summer Tablescapes!
Back in March, Luxe du Jour featured Tantalizing Tablescapes. The response what incredible, so it only makes sense to do another series.
This time, we are highlighting “Summerscapes”! Everything that inspires us to think of summer.
A few things immediately come to mind. Lemons and fresh daisies, luscious green apples and ivy for a tablescape featuring nature and green elements, a fancy floral theme that would be perfect for an afternoon tea or brunch…and, so much more.
Today’s feature is set up on a small bistro table in our garden. We always have fresh lemons, and adding the daisies in a tureen just feels like summer.
Now, about the recipe. When we first moved to Barrington, Illinois, we lived in a newly developed area that had just introduced some smaller and more affordable condominiums. This created an environment where all of us “twenty-somethings” could afford to live in this wonderful area.
One of our neighbors is from Mississippi, and is a true Southern gal. She brought us over a basket with warm banana bread as a welcome to the neighborhood. How nice is that? Everytime I make this, I think of her and how lovely it was to have her arrive at our door with this yummy treat. Thank you Anna!
You will love this recipe. It is easy and a perfect recipe to make if you have overripe bananas.
Anna Banana Bread
- June 17, 2019
- Print this
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 small, ripe bananas (if the bananas are large, I use about 2 1/2)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (we like pecans)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer or food processor
- Step 3
- Add eggs and bananas, and mix until smooth
- Step 4
- Add flour, baking soda, nuts, salt and spices
- Step 5
- Mix until smooth
- Step 6
- Grease a loaf pan (I use coconut oil spray. It adds a little flavor)
- Step 7
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 55 minutes
- Step 8
- Let cool on a rack
- Step 9
- Serve warm with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Step 10
Join us this week for some great inspiration to create your own luxe “summerscapes”.