The hubs enjoys the occasional dry vodka martini. I am not much of a martini gal but think a martini looks so grown up and elegant when poured into a fancy martini glass.
Then, there is the process of preparation including shaking the mix until it is frosty and ice cold. Love that!
When I partake, I always have a cosmopolitan or something with juice and just a little vodka. Basically, I do not like the taste of most liquors. A Bloody Mary is one of my favorites as the spicy tomato juice is the star of the show and you can barely taste the vodka. I will have to share my recipe for my spicy Bloody sometime soon.
Even just a basic martini has several different versions. There is a traditional recipe using only gin or vodka with vermouth. Or, a dirty martini with some olive juice added or Gibson which just switches up the garnish and has a small pickled onion.
Here is our favorite recipe and you can decide what you want to add to make this just perfect for your taste.
Perfect Martini 3 Ways
- December 5, 2019
- Print this
- 1 1/2 ounces gin or vodka (we like Grey Goose or Ketel One)
- 1/8 ounce dry vermouth
- Blue cheese stuffed olives
- Splash of olive juice
- Step 1
- Fill a martini shaker with ice
- Step 2
- Pour all ingredients into the shaker and shake for several minutes until there are crystals forming on top
- Step 3
- Strain into a beautiful martini glass and add the garnish of your choice
- Step 4
- Popular options: Gibson – small pickled onion, Dirty Martini – olive with a splash of olive juice or just add a lemon twist