We love to grill out during the summer. Not only does EVERYTHING taste better when cooked on the grill, but also it makes for easy cleanup. Win-win!
This recipe is an all-time favorite since we do not eat red meat. The challenge with making a turkey or chicken burger is to keep the meat moist. By adding the Dijon mustard and Gruyere cheese, this burger is so tasty and moist.
The hubs likes mayo on his burger, but I am a yellow mustard gal. We enjoy our burger with either brioche buns or onion rolls that are slightly toasted on the grill.
Add in lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles for a delicious burger.
We usually keep things traditional by serving homemade coleslaw and corn on the cob as side dishes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Of course, we slightly modified the recipe to our taste.
Favorite Turkey Burger
- August 6, 2019
- Print this
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere cheese (or you can use parmesan)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (optional), minced
- Course salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Oil for grates on grill
- 4 hamburger buns (brioche rolls or onion rolls are our favorite)
- Step 1
- Heat the grill on high
- Step 2
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to gently combine the turkey with the Gruyere cheese, scallions, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard and garlic
- Step 3
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Step 4
- Divide the mixture evenly to form four 1-inch thick patties (I do this in advance and place in the refrigerator for flavors to combine)
- Step 5
- Lightly oil the grill
- Step 6
- Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill
- Step 7
- Sear until browned (1 – 2 minutes per side)
- Step 8
- Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill
- Step 9
- Continue grilling until cooked through (about 5 – 10 minutes per side)
- Step 10
- Split the buns or rolls and grill slightly
- Step 11
- Remove from grill
- Step 12
- Let rest for a few minutes and assemble with your favorite condiments
- Step 13